some new parts for my rig, with pics..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid more for my 8800gt I bought it before the evga deal and because I wanted a black pcb. Unfortunately xfx is the only company that made one and I had to buy at a retail store to make sure the exact card had a black pcb.

And now you cant find them anywhere. Newegg and zzf have both changed to pics of green pcb's and my particular model isn't made at all.

They show a green pcb but when you order it, it is a black one. I paid $215 for mine, and i also wanted the fancy black pcb and i still dont regret it, i just cant use lots of aa in newer games at 1680x1050, but dont need it anyways.

They show a green pcb but when you order it, it is a black one. I paid $215 for mine, and i also wanted the fancy black pcb and i still dont regret it, i just cant use lots of aa in newer games at 1680x1050, but dont need it anyways.

I am playing GRAW at the moment...I am playing at 1680X1050
the game does not support AA...and even at 1680 X1050....I can easily tell there is no AA there. It is being played on a 22" monitor.....if it was a smaller monitor, maybe i would not notice.

I am playing GRAW at the moment...I am playing at 1680X1050
the game does not support AA...and even at 1680 X1050....I can easily tell there is no AA there. It is being played on a 22" monitor.....if it was a smaller monitor, maybe i would not notice.

Graw is older, i meant newer as in graw 2, cod4, bioshock. You can force aa in control panel if the game doesnt support it.

Graw is older, i meant newer as in graw 2, cod4, bioshock. You can force aa in control panel if the game doesnt support it.

Yes, it is older....just saying I can tell even at 1680X1050 that there is no AA

In my Nascar game , it looks way better even with just 4AA on, than no AA at 1680 x 1050....so it does make a difference, even at that resolution.

Yes, it is older....just saying I can tell even at 1680X1050 that there is no AA

In my Nascar game , it looks way better even with just 4AA on, than no AA at 1680 x 1050....so it does make a difference, even at that resolution.

Its pretty hard to tell in cod4, theres no jaggies without it.

all i know is i get 40-60FPS in supreme commander, company of heroes, and COD4 at 1900x1200 with everything maxed out. all source games (TF2, portal, CSS) run at 1900x1200 maxed out, 100+ fps all the time. 8800gt is well worth it plus i have gotten it clocked to 700/1000 and im sure it can go further.

i was very surprised, but nonetheless very impressed with my 8800gt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom