Solid PC Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lt.Shinysides

Baseband Member
Okay so this pc will be mostly browsing, gaming(nothing extreme like 4XAA ultra with huge res.) and also some video editing but nothing extreme.I am on a pretty tight budget as im only 16 and dont have the tine to work a lot for miney.so the most i plan to spend is like $1500(includes kb,mouse,monitors) so here is the build
Cpu-intel i5 2500k
Mobo-asrock p67 extreme gene lga1155
ram-2x4GB G.skill 1600mhz
Gpu-Gigabyte Gtx 570
Cpu heatsink-coolermaster hyper212 evo
Case-cooler master storm enforcer
HDD-Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm 32mb cache
Boot drive-Crucial sata III 64GB SSD
Keyboard-Saitek cyborg v5
Mouse-Cyborg v5
Monitors- (2) 22" acers
samsung blueray dvd read write combo drive
and a corsair 750w bronze certified psu

is this a decent build?

Mobo-asrock p67 extreme gene lga1155

I'm not sure where you're buying your stuff, or which Motherboard you're talking about, but I'm going to use Newegg as an example, and the motherboard I think you're talking about is listed at 149.99 USD. Switch that board out with this one:

Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS This is one you should look into.

Newegg.com - ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Is this the board you were talking about?

Granted, it's the LE board, but like you said you're not doing anything crazy. It's also a Z68 board. I can't reccomend AsRock to you, as there have been way too many problems with them, IMHO. It's better to stick with a trusted brand. I know PP will come back and defend AsRock, but I can't. Not to mention that Asus will save you a few bucks, and for your use you're not losing much, if anything :thumbsup:

Oh yeah thanks. Im buying the main parts off newegg and the monitors and keyboard and small things like that of tigerd and amazon as they just have better.prices.im going to switch out the mobo with the one you recommended.or atleast an asus one since i wish the board was black or red.but at this point in being my first true build i should care about performance and not my color scheme haha.

I'm not sure where you're buying your stuff, or which Motherboard you're talking about, but I'm going to use Newegg as an example, and the motherboard I think you're talking about is listed at 149.99 USD. Switch that board out with this one:

Newegg.com - ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS This is one you should look into.

Newegg.com - ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard Is this the board you were talking about?

Granted, it's the LE board, but like you said you're not doing anything crazy. It's also a Z68 board. I can't reccomend AsRock to you, as there have been way too many problems with them, IMHO. It's better to stick with a trusted brand. I know PP will come back and defend AsRock, but I can't. Not to mention that Asus will save you a few bucks, and for your use you're not losing much, if anything :thumbsup:
These days you get what you pay for with any brand. I have had junk from every single company.

Oh yeah thanks. Im buying the main parts off newegg and the monitors and keyboard and small things like that of tigerd and amazon as they just have better.prices.im going to switch out the mobo with the one you recommended.or atleast an asus one since i wish the board was black or red.but at this point in being my first true build i should care about performance and not my color scheme haha.

My board used to be black, the rest of the build blue. Then when I had to switch, I ended up with a blue board. When the system is in use and everything is lit up, you don't really see it much anyways.

These days you get what you pay for with any brand. I have had junk from every single company.

True, but even so I'd feel better recommending him with an Asus.

The reason I don't go for Asus is because when I reviewed their AMD boards I always got a DOA, returned, then got a board that seemed like it half worked. That only happened once with Gigabyte and none with MSI. I have never personally owned an ASRock board but I do know their reputation preceding this current gen. Everybody who currently owns one of their Z68 boards tell me it is top notch.

The reason I don't go for Asus is because when I reviewed their AMD boards I always got a DOA, returned, then got a board that seemed like it half worked. That only happened once with Gigabyte and none with MSI. I have never personally owned an ASRock board but I do know their reputation preceding this current gen. Everybody who currently owns one of their Z68 boards tell me it is top notch.

I won't go for Gigabyte because they screwed me, MSI because I just don't like them, no real reason, and AsRock because they're really going to have to impress me before I'll buy one of their boards. One good gen preceding how many bad ones?

You're boss if you get this reference,
"The same could be said for all religions!".

For real though, they are trying to play in the heavy hitters section and people like me are more inclined to take them seriously over the likes of say ECS who has known to be **** for a good long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom