So yea, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
My computer's getting a tad outdated, well I think at least. It's in my sig, so there are the specs (the desktop).

Xmas is obviously coming up, and my birthday (December 4th, get me a gift... :p ), so there's money going to be involved soon.

I wish I could game. I want to play Crysis again, and not on my stupid 15" Westinghouse monitor.

So yea, I need a new monitor, preferrably 22" (19" will do, however...). It doesn't have to be 2ms or whatever, I don't really need an amazing response time, my monitor's is like 500 millenniums probably. Are there any good monitors out there for like 200 that I could get?

Also, vid card. I was looking at the 4850, since I don't really think I need the 4870... Are there better cards for the price than the 4850?

RAM... will 2gb do? I'm still on XP, but I'm planning on going to vista...

I also need a DVD drive... Mine died, so I need a burner. I don't want blu-ray. I don't care about light scribe. Just something that won't die on me and is cheap-ish.

CPU... should I keep the e4300 now? (I am guaranteed a job in the spring, and will obviously be making money then)

Motherboard... I'm still stuck on 965p. In my opinion, it's fine, but what do you guys think?

My power supply... Xcilio 500 watts... It's been running amazing, and no problems. could it handle a 4850, though? (It ran an x1900xtx perfectly fine).

Also, random question, is it alright to leave your computer on 24/7? I'll leave mine on for like 3 weeks straight (The temps are fine, cpu idles at like 33C and the case/hdd's are like 37).

Your PSU will handle a 4850. The thing is though, you don't get a job until Sping, and by then Deneb along with probably the 5870's and tons of other goodies will out or have rumors circulating.

So if your buying your hard ware then. There really isn't a lot of builds we could suggest that would still be great in the Spring.

for a monitor I just got one of these for a customer and it WAS on sale for 179 but dropped another $10 before it got to my door. (didn't tell the buyer that:confused:) but I have the same one I got for $269 a few months back and it's great for the price I got it for so at this price I don't think it can be beat.
Newegg.com - Acer X223Wbd Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 2500:1 - LCD Monitors
as far as the DVD goes, They are all decent for the $30 range, This is one of the ones I have and have literally burned a few hundred DVD's with it and still going strong. Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 20X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 20X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA 20X DVD±R DVD Burner - CD / DVD Burners

Dauntae

Which is why no one is recommending parts for a build. Since i7 just came out price will be DROPPING. So this IS the BEST time to wait lol. If anything you'll save an extra 100~150$ on your build if you wait.

We don't know... the early benchmarks said it was good in everything but gaming, but Intel claimed that it was bad drivers that resulted in poor performance... we don't know for sure though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom