So whats wrong with the Q6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Asianyeti

Baseband Member
i heard theres a bad batch out. Does that mean i should go with something else, I wont be building my new system for 2 months so would a new batch come out by then?

or should i get a dual core.

Im just gaming and . . . . . Gaming.

In 2 months the q6600 will be near end of line. Nehalem is coming soon which should force prices down even further on the 45nm chips.

If you won't be building for another two months then I m guessing that Vernong will opt you to get a Q6700 by then. Just because the price will have lowered a bit and be in your price range by then.

*Edit*
Drats Vdub beat me to it.

If you won't be building for another two months then I m guessing that Vernong will opt you to get a Q6700 by then. Just because the price will have lowered a bit and be in your price range by then.

*Edit*
Drats Vdub beat me to it.

That's right :) either than or a Q9550 or something..

I think I'll make a thing explaining why... but here it is plain and simple:

"Most new Q6600's are just failure overclocker's due to crappy, cheap batches that can't push 3.0ghz on freaking stock or even 3.6ghz without putting dangerous voltage into it. "

hey guys, could i get into the loop. i am planning to order the Q6600 from newegg right now. should i worry about something?? plz let me know
thanks

What they're saying is it's now a terrible processor to buy to overclock, but if you run it stock you're fine.

The Q660 is an oldish quad core chip, in bench marking it gets beat by some dual cores (correct?) However if you're running games and looking for a budget syyem to suit your needs and wanting to build soon then the Q660 is a good chip but it's recomended to wait (yes we all know it's tough) for the latest and best thing ;)

if you get the SLACKER version it should be fine though right? the one with G0 stepping?

Nah, B3's are pretty much gone from this world...

This applies for the G0 SLACR's also, High VID, crappy batches that are like Phenom's B2's in terms of overclocking capability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom