So...went with the G.Skill Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes, but can they prove you did?

Plus One (+1)

So Im still a little confused...what speed do they take it up too with 2.1V and beyond? Default its at DDR 800 right?
Every setup is slightly different.

You see how far you can go on stock voltages until comp is unstable.

For most C2D overclocks it is suggested/reccomended that you Up the RAM Voltage to at least 2.0V right away. FOr much higher overclocks 2.1, 2.2 or even higher voltage may be required once you pass the rated RAM Speed.
And as always with overclocking, you risk shortening the life of the component or it could die in a short period of time. As is the risk when overclocking. But it is well known. And we just don't care, cause WE CAN RMA CRAP!!! Muahahahh!

Plus One (+1)

Every setup is slightly different.

You see how far you can go on stock voltages until comp is unstable.

For most C2D overclocks it is suggested/reccomended that you Up the RAM Voltage to at least 2.0V right away. FOr much higher overclocks 2.1, 2.2 or even higher voltage may be required once you pass the rated RAM Speed.
And as always with overclocking, you risk shortening the life of the component or it could die in a short period of time. As is the risk when overclocking. But it is well known. And we just don't care, cause WE CAN RMA CRAP!!! Muahahahh!

Ah never thought about that, so RMA is just like returning it to get a replacement part, so that way people just overclock and once the ram dies they just RMA it? When buying from newegg, do they RMA it with newegg or with the Ram company itself? Which is better? Thanks again for all the info!

Almost all products are RMAed back to the Manufacturing address.
(Return to manufacturing address) == RMA
You won't always get a Brand new model of what you RMAed. Sometimes depending on what product you RMAed they may attempt to fix it or solve what is wrong with it, if they can, they will mail it back to you. If they can't and most times they don't even try to fix it, they mail you a refurbished or open box model of the item you RMAed. And in the absolute best case they mail you the exact same model of which is brand spanking new and never opened.

It must be stressed that when you phone in the RMA you give them as little information reguarding your computer knowledge.
Thus avoiding them even asking about whether your overclocked or did anything that would void the warranty.

Of course they may ask anyways, and again, you don't know anything about overclocking..

I never had to RMA anything, because by the time anything of mine died or malfucntioned it was time to upgrade anyways..
Wait I take that back, I had to RMA my labtop once because of a malfunctioning Screen, all they did was repair the problem (Which was a damaged internal moniter cable) and ship it back to me.

So for other parts if you bought from newegg.. would u RMA to them? or call up the manufacturer and RMA with them? or does ti really matter?

So for other parts if you bought from newegg.. would u RMA to them? or call up the manufacturer and RMA with them? or does ti really matter?

I don't know, its product dependant. You would have to read the warranty of whatever product was in question.

However, I have never owned a product that would be RMAed back to newegg instead of the original manufacturer.

Again, MOST products are not under prolonged warranty by the store/place/website from which you bought it from.. Most warranties for such are under a month in case you wanted to return it or something. Most give store credit...
Or something like that.

If you buy from newegg, you RMA back to newegg. RMA stands for return merchandise authorization (number).

Er there seems to be a split decision in this and I need to find the definite answer since RMA my RAM is a very likely possibility. Do I send it to the manufacturer or newegg? ahhhh pros and cons?

Call the manufacturer, you arranage it with them. You ship it to them.

If you want to be sure, read the paper work that came with your product, it will tell you.

heheh hee hee hee...i put 2.4V to my xms2 and the overclock i got i cant even post here....it might scare ya'll or you could just break down into a shivering puddle of sobs...
i am master of ze voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom