So...went with the G.Skill Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabb

gone
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Based on user recommendations and this review: AnandTech: Mid-Range DDR2-800 from G.Skill

My question is, what settings should I set the Ram too assuming it performs the mem test and all the checks ( still have my doubts it will since Im a very unlucky person ). Someone once mentioned the timings of 4-4-4-12 or 5-5-5 didnt reallly affect performance that much and it was more based on the speed, meaning if its overclocked to ddr-1067 then it performs a lot better then ddr-800. However with the dangers in that are the voltage requirements, Ive seen newegg users say not to go over 2.1 Volts but these crazy antec guys are going past 2.2 volts and even up to 2.4

Anyone have any personal experience with this ram and what they decided to set their ram speed too? Thanks in advanced, I'm still much a noob learning a lot.

Don't trust newegg reviews. That ram is safe up until around 2.3-2.4 volts so it's fine. The HZ's can do 1000mhz at 4-4-4-12 and usually around 1200mhz 5-5-5-15 timings. The actual speed has to be porportional to your FSB. You cant just run the RAM so much faster than your FSB unless your board has a divider for it.

We recommend the G.skill HZ's so a LOT of people have them around here.

That ram is safe up until around 2.3-2.4 volts so it's fine.

Umm... RISKY. D9 has a habit of dying on you at 2.3v and above. Ever wondered why the modules used to be rated at 2.3v and now are only rated at 2.1v?

Don't want to take Micron D9 to past about 2.15V as you are in grave danger of it dying! D9 does ~950DDR anyway!

Nop, There are many people acrossed many forums running thier DDR2 800 D9 Sticks at 2.3 or even 2.4 Volts, especially on higher overclocks.

Including me. No problems. 4-3-3-10 timmings. @ 736

LOL.

I think ill take my chances.

Besides, its not like we don't have warranties... Lol..

So Im still a little confused...what speed do they take it up too with 2.1V and beyond? Default its at DDR 800 right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom