So is it true? intel cra@ for games x1900? I need some expert help on this

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsh

Baseband Member
HI

I need some "Expert" help on this. no flames please. Please read it all sorry kind of long

I posted this on other forums but not to much help so far

I just bought a new graphics card for my computer beacuse bf2 and some other games like cod2 dont run well on my old 6800 cheap version. I now have a x1900xtx So thought great i can run max all but i cant

My 3dmark scores are low only 8500 ish if that matters compared to 10500ish that other people get and i had to oc the card to 680/790 to get that 8500

Also games like bf2 on 64man servers at 1200 res dips a lot to 30fps and other city maps it can be lower on avg. Like 40-50-60s mostly 40-50s on 64man servers. That normal on 1200 res for a x1900xtx? and if not oc with CCC dips can go to high 20s

I have a intel cpu which NOW i here sucks for games. I never even heard of amd until now. Anyone ever see ads of amd? Games run much better with the upgrade but i want all i can get out of my card you know?

real problem is what can i do? I would need

new case
new mother board
new psu
new cpu
new mem

And i mean what else? Can my harddrive connect or will that be a problem? it has some small blue connector. Thin. I have a old dell xps 4 system the psu is 460wats which is fine can i some how keep the case? it would save me tons of money

Can a Intel pull full frames or is that just not possible? I would really not like to spend all the money.

What is the best up above that i can get? For the cpu i dont want those 1000 bucks versions beacuse one they are only like 5 fps more in reviews and 2 im not that rich

again can i fit a mother board in my old case? i really dont care if it doesnt fit as long as i can plug in/close case and it works

forgot again

cpu is 3.6ghz ht intel old 560
2gs 533mhz ram ddr2

I read whole guide on reformating at www.tweakguides.com if anyone asks if software problem

well i asked this a long time ago and no one ever said anything about it

I cant open the case and look right now but i found this and it says its my psu so here ya go. If somethings wrong ill re open case and write down the numbers

Power

DC power supply:

Wattage
460 W

Heat dissipation
931.2 BTU/hr

Voltage (see the safety instructions located in the Product Information Guide for important voltage setting information)
fixed-voltage power supply — 110 V at 50/60 Hz

manual selection and auto-sensing power supplies — 90 to 135 V at 50/60 Hz; 180 to 265 V at 50/60 Hz; 100 V at 50/60 Hz for Japanese computers

Backup battery
3-V CR2032 lithium coin cell

some more info i guess http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dimxpsg3/SM/techov.htm#wp1052309

We need to know the amperaged on your 12 volts rail. it should be something like ##A. Is it dual rail, which means there should be two 12V on the sticker, then add them to make your total amperage. Example 12V@28A (singe rail) or
12V1@18A 12V2@18A (dual rail) which would be 36 amps.

One other possibility. Since you switched from a nVidia card to an ATI, you could have some driver conflicts. What did you do to get rid of the old nVidia drivers?

Those pins are screwed, and you would need to do some modding to get a different PSU in there.

You could get away with just getting a new motherboard. But I haven't done any work to a dell yet.

idiotec said:
One other possibility. Since you switched from a nVidia card to an ATI, you could have some driver conflicts. What did you do to get rid of the old nVidia drivers?
Thats exactly wat I was thinking. when you switch videocard manufacturers, you need to reformat or at least run a driver cleaning utility.

My guess would be that you need to update your drivers and get at least a solid Antec or OCZ PSU of at least 500-550 watts.

Well i re check the psu again but I asked this around before and everything said its fine. Its really hard to get to it beacuse dell screws it really in there last time. Also I do get same 3dmark as other users of a intel

I did reformat. Followed whole guide here at tweakguides.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom