So this is my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be cool when you map the power button for a overclock, its like the old turbo button on computers.

Just now ordered the parts...FINALLY.
So Wednesday everything should be here.

I'm going to use the HD3300 for now, because every 512MB HD3450 went out of stock, I'll just order one later or just get a good discrete card.

Epicness, thanks for the help everyone.

That's cool, I would save up for a better dedicated. I actually bought the 3450, and while it works great for lesser games, depending on your resolution you will be a tad disappointed. I am using it with a 22", that's my problem, haha. ;)

Definitely save up money for a better card.

Unless you can get a Hd 3450 for next to nothing I wouldn't bother with hybrid crossfire. Even a Hd 3650 would perform better and they can be had for as little as $35.

I only got mine for funsies and 4 monitors, haha. Which worked, actually.

Nice, haha. I've got a 15.6" Acer..The one from Walmart. Not big big, but has great color and clarity. It works for me, lol
So all of my resolutions ar 1360x768.
I'm just going to save for a bit and buy a good $100 card, and along with another 15" Acer to match mine :laughing:

I can't wait! Wewt hopefully the parts will get here tomorrow, wishful thinking. But it's 3 day shipping so maybe.

Edit;
So far haven't saw the brown behemoth carrying my packages, but it's only 4PM.
Just checked the tracker, and both packages are in Kentucky to that's good, if not today they will arrive tomorrow.

I'll finally not lag out when I'm just walking around in WoW. Haha.
I'd be expecting a graphics upgrade soon...Yeah I just found out about Warhammer, I want to play bad. Lol
(The onboard will probably work just fine, and it blows my 6200 away. DX10 PL0X?)

Just received the case (Antec 300) from UPS, the rest of my parts (Mobo, CPU, PSU, RAM, and thermal compound) are scedualed to come in tomorrow.
And DANG it is huge! This is my first case and it's giant. I like that though, haha. Looks allot better in person. I love they way it looks.
Now I get to stare at this thing until the rest of it comes tomorrow.
Just the wait is almost killing me, time is going so freaking slow...

And the HDD I'm going to use is one I had bought used a while ago, not knowing it was SATA, and couldn't work on my computer because it's IDE only. I didn't want to buy a controller and decided I'de use it later.
So I have no ideal if it will work or not, all I know it powers on and sounds perfect and quiet.
So I'm a bit nervous about that.

I've downloaded the latest Windows 7, which is supposed to be the actual release.
Does anyone else use it? Is it fast? I've heard good things, just wanting your opinion on it.
I'd rather stay away from Vista, as it is a FPS killer. :D

When i used it i did notice it used a bit less ram then vista but it did not run any better or worse than vista for the most part. With computers nowadays Vista is not really a FPS killer.

Man, the antec 300 is small! If you think thats huge wait until you see a E-ATX case.

Haha I'm used to those mini cases you get from retail computers like at Walmart.
Yeah with PC's nowadays Vista and 7 don't bring them down. I should have thought of it that way, lol
E-ATX? I'll look some up.

Should receive the rest of my stuff anytime, UPS comes anywhere from 2 to 7 at my house.

Got it build! And DANG it's fast!
I do have one problem, when I turn the PC on eveyrhting powers on, but nothing comes on the screen. I can hear the DVD drive and HDD start up, shut down, start up, shut down over and over. (That's what it sounds like, but it may make them churn for a second then stop over and over.)
After about 30 seconds the bios will come up and proceed to Windows.
(Expressgate would not work! It said "Install Inclomplete". I had to disable it.)

I'm using an IDE LightOn DVD-RW drive, and a SATA WD drive.

What does this mean and why does it happen?

Ok there is something wrong here, I'm not sure if it is hardware instability, or just Windows.
Yesterday I got 4 blue screens, and already 2 today. It's random sometimes, then I can trigger it to.
World of Warcraft barrages me with errors almost all the time, FireFox will crash almost constantly, about an hour ago I tried to download a game with XFire and it bluescreened as soon as the download started.
I launched Internet Explorer, went to Google and Windows changed the theme to basic, followed by a bluescreen about 10 seconds later. My system will randomly restart also.
It's just a bad experience, now it may sound unstable by what I said, but that stuff is random, I can do anything and it will be fine, sometimes I can and other times everything bugs out.
Is this Windows 7? I'm going to try Vista and see if it's any better, as every driver for my computer is for Vista, and not Windows 7.

Next time I get a bluescreen I'll write down what it says, it goes away pretty quick and restarts.

I'm also going to call Asus tomorrow about my delayed startup, and ask their opinion on my problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom