And so I read the label with a profound sadness...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why can't you just return it to whoever sold it to you and ask for another one?

Having just gone from a b3 to a g0, I can tell you it's WELL worth it...and the B3 I had was an amazing clocked (did 3.8ghz but was roasty toasty as **** even on water).

I just got my g0 this morning, set it to 1.525v and 430fsb and so far it's SMP folding stable. I swear, I haven't had an ounce of trouble overclocking a single Core 2 processor.

I can't seem to get it stable at 4ghz though, I'm thinking my mobo might not be up to it as it's a bit old, and not meant for quads in the first place. Then again, 99% of the 4ghz clocks I see are using 1.6+ volts, and I don't really want to run that on a daily basis.

eh? i couldnt even find 1 canadian vendor that guarenteed it a few months ago. Otherwise I woulda paid the extra XD

the b3 will clock high, like guru says, but you'll need some Mean cooling. I havent had to turn the heat on in my room yet this year. lol even during the -20 to 30c blizzard we had last month XD

Why can't you just return it to whoever sold it to you and ask for another one?

Because I'd have to pay to ship it back, and then pay again to have it shipped to me. And I'd have to wait to receive it. Plus, I bought it on sale for $267 and now it jumped back to $290. With all this, I'm not even guaranteed a G0..

And AMD GT Player, yeah, I said I was guaranteed a G0 only because he told me on the phone that I had a high likelihood (he said 98% but meh) bad wording on my part. I'll just deal with a B3... not worth the trouble.

aw dude that sucks, im still trying to oc past 3.5ghz but at load its reaching 70c on one of teh cores, i didnt realise speedfan reads core 2 duos 15c cooler, so i use core temp now and it reads correctly im sitting at 48 idle, so im defenitally gonna lap it when i can go to the hardware store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom