So I need a pci video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

san21893

Uber Sanoob Techie
Ok my friend has bought a new gateway pc. Hes not very fond of computers and installed the games he plays such as css, and half life 2. He was upset to find out when i told what integrated graphics were and found out why the games were running so bad. So now were looking for a geforce graphics card between 80 and 110 dollars that can play these games at good settings. Here are some specs

1gb ddr2
pentium d 3.2ghz
some 18 inch monitor (assuming its 1280x1024)
300 watt psu
and... windows vista

So im looking for the best price/performance gpu i can get which is for a pci slot.

Are you sure it doesn't support pci express? I haven't seen a retail computer in some time that only uses pci. I'm thinking you may have got the two mixed up. What's the model number of the gateway pc?

Agreed with jorsoft....judging by the specs on that computer, it has to have at least, an AGP slot.

That can play CSS and HL2 pretty good. I max out those games, with my 7600GT.

Ok, so now ive found out it has pci-e. Hows an 8600gt for him?

i knew it,but i was afraid to question u and then be called stupid for it, but ya then get a 7600gt it destroys cs at 1600x1200, thats perfect

well some future expandibility cant hurt if u have dx10, and he probably wont upgrade it for a few years so it seems that the 8600gt seems best. One question, is 7900gs better than 8600gt? Suppose ure running them both in dx9

well some future expandibility cant hurt if u have dx10, and he probably wont upgrade it for a few years so it seems that the 8600gt seems best. One question, is 7900gs better than 8600gt? Suppose ure running them both in dx9

sometimes it goes either way, but 7900gs wins a little more, but 8600gt might do well in shader-intensivegames....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom