so i just bout all this and wanted to know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicnes87

Beta member
1- Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 7000 Keyboard and Mouse Combo
2- Acer X223Wbd 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor

1- Ultra 8-Inch Round Floppy Drive Cable

1- 1.44MB Floppy Disk Drive (Black) (0.6 lbs)

2- HP DVD1040i Lightscribe Super-Multi Retail DVD Burner

1- Ultra MD2 5.25" 4 Port USB 2.0 and Card Reader

1- Diablotek CPA-802 Bk Mid-Tower Case with 400w ATX Power Supply

1- Logitech X-540 Surround Sound Speakers

1- Diamond Xtreme Sound 5.1/16 bit Sound Card

1- EVGA GeForce 8500 GT Video Card - 1GB GDDR2

1- Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 1.5TB Hard Drive

4- Transcend 2048MB PC5400 DDR2 667MHz Memory

1- EVGA nForce 680i SLI Socket 775 MB w/ PD 940 CPU

1- Trendnet TEW-643PI Wireless N PCI Adapter

I have the cables neccesary at home to take care of this. Ijust thought it was time for an upgrade from my old broke **** system that i have right now.... total for everything listed is : $1,586.91 with shipping and tax included. Not too shabby....

-Vince

That's a ripoff for $1500. You didn't list the cpu but it doesn't matter because their isn't one supported by that mobo that would justify that price. It has slow ram, most likely low quality psu, slow graphics card, and a decent motherboard.

For $1500 you should be able to get.

Core i7 920 quad core
x58 motherboard
3x1gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
WD 640gb hard drive
HD 4870
corsair 650tx psu
NZXT Tempest case

What did you plan on doing with it? I hope no gaming. Seems like you went way high end on the keyboard, mouse, dual monitors, etc. then for your actual system, you used a cheap case/psu combo, slow video card and slow ram. The motherboard is good, the hard drive is good, but other than that......

Um, if you think your going to game with that, your not. Sounds like it would be a solid computer if you were gonna surf the web and use desktop apps but thats as far as I would take it. Wont do much more.

Not that we are trying to be overly negative. You probably spent quite a pretty penny on upgrading the monitors, keyboard, and mouse ($400+).

That leaves $1,100 for your tower, and it just seems like you didn't get very much for the amount you put into it. Where did you buy the parts, and perhaps you could tell us the purpose of the machine?

1600 is alot
im builing mine with a $500 budget
and so far so good

btw im selling a 600watt ocz psu for $80 brand new never been used
i have two and dont need both

maybe it's more for movie watching and stuff rather then serious gaming. Lol you can so tell it's a pre-built, always the GPU that suffers.:p

total for everything listed is : $1,586.91 with shipping and tax included. Not too shabby....

Quite shabby... Possibly the shabbiest, shabby, shab deal ever... :freak:

Totally disproportionate build and way overpriced (unless it's a strange media hub with dual monitors that doubles as a server with all that ram?).

always the GPU that suffers.:p

They can get away with that too because unless you're learned in the ways of the GPU naming scheme, you won't know the different between an 8800GTX and a 9600GT. Most other parts are quantifiable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom