So I built it and.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cuthroat

Baseband Member
Ok so after serious worries I bought and built. A friend came over and helped me through some of the tough stuff..

My specs:
3700 san diego
7800gt
gigabyte sli board
1 gig corsair value ram second gig still on the way
120 WD hd
Fortron 450w psu

So here is the question. Put it together and loaded Win XP 64bit
No problems until the speakers started working. Only one side is working. Here is the kicker, the top earphone hook up which is connected differently to the MB is also only getting one side the right side

When I jiggle the back connection and pull it out half way I can get both sides to work, so I would have thought that it was the connection or the wire going to the back from the speakers, but if the top has the same problem I think its something else?

Would the 64bit windows have anything to do with it? Ever heard of a MB just having this one problem and everything else working on it?

i dont know the problem, (except it wouldn
t be the windows xp) but here's an idea: keep it halfway out. It's just logic.

Errr.. that doesnt seem like a good answer. When the wire is halfway out it doesnt stay perfect.. the sound goes in and out.

Could the MB be bad and only throwing one side? this just doesnt make sense.

oh sorry didn't know that... Well I think there's definetly a problem with the mobo. It might be faulty. Try it on another computer(the mobo I mean) and see what happens.

64bit windows is a problem. Check that the drivers you are using supports 64bit.

May sound stupid, but check the connection. I pulled out the plug just enough so the sound only came out of one side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom