So how much does a decent gaming computer cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, sorry to hear that. Heh i jumped on 6gb of crucial tracers 3 sets of 2x1gb for 50$ per set a couple weeks ago.

Wasn;t sure what to call it. On the box it says x1900 Crossfire edition

It's the same as a x1900xt 512mb though...

Anyway it doesn't really matter as I have a 3850 512mb coming this week.

4gb isn't overkill for games like Supreme Commander.

i'm pretty sure i remember seeing a benchmark of Supreme Commander in XP. They did tests of 1, 2, and 4Gb of Corsair XMS2. I remember at 1280x1024 at max one card I can't remember did 37 FPS with 1GB and 38 FPS at 2GB and 4GB....i was quite shocked. However with only one gig even if it is only one less FPS its a lot more choppy and takes a little while to lad up the textures. Still though in XP 2GB is all thats needed right now.

4gb isn't overkill for games like Supreme Commander.

actually it still is, 4 gbs was tested with supcom compared to 2 gbs and it only offered a marginal faster responding UI not to mention u need a 64 bit OS to take full advantage of the 4 gigs...just not worth it

Hey guys!

I'm mostly an RTS gamer, so this year coming up i'll be buying supreme commander:FA, C&C3's expansion pack, new Dawn of War expansion pack, Spore(looks cool) and Universe at War: Earth Assault. MAYBE some FPS but generally i buy them for my xbox360, like COD4.

I love how you mention old RTS games like Dawn of War expansion and fail to mention one of the most ANTICIPATED RTS GAMES OF ALL FRIGGIN TIME....Starcraft 2...mark my words it will be the biggest if not one of the most popular selling PC games of all time

I love how you mention old RTS games like Dawn of War expansion and fail to mention one of the most ANTICIPATED RTS GAMES OF ALL FRIGGIN TIME....Starcraft 2...mark my words it will be the biggest if not one of the most popular selling PC games of all time

lol dawn of wars latest expansion isn't out till spring lol, and Dark Crusade isn't too old.

I have never played star craft, i saw a movie of in game play for SC2 but i'm not sure i like the idea of fighting on platforms in space really....

TA(total annihilation) was the best RTS ever, i saw Starcraft 1, i LOL'D!!!!

TA has the whole 3D psychics for it's weapons. Supreme Commander was a bit of a disappointment but it's still good. Eh i'll probably buy this SC2 anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom