A sneak peek at DirectX 10.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
According to Microsoft, "Direct3D 10.1 is an incremental, side-by-side update to Direct3D 10.0 that provides a series of new rendering features that will be available in an upcoming generation of graphics hardware." The XAudio2 technology is also used in the Xbox 360, and will eventually replace DirectSound as the PC's main audio driver, according to Microsoft.

The new features of the DirectX update includes shader model 4.1, as well as a variety of graphics features, including:

* TextureCube Arrays which are dynamically indexable in shader code.
* An updated shader model (shader model 4.1).
* The ability to select the MSAA sample pattern for a resource from a palette of patterns, and retrieve the corresponding sample positions. The ability to render to block-compressed textures.
* More flexibility with respect to copying of resources.
* Support for blending on all unorm and snorm formats.

Source

Oh! I didn't know that 360 didnt use directsound!
gosh, i hate how they didnt just keep it at DX10 for ages like they did 9, lol. i got the new card so i can use DX10 and im now getting told that it wont be able to do 10.1, haha, dammit!

Oh! I didn't know that 360 didnt use directsound!
gosh, i hate how they didnt just keep it at DX10 for ages like they did 9, lol. i got the new card so i can use DX10 and im now getting told that it wont be able to do 10.1, haha, dammit!

ya sucks for u.....

but xaudio2 and no more directsound, would it give better sound performance like the xbox360?

Wait wait wait.

I was under the impression DX 10.1 is just an update to DX10.

So aslong as you have a DX10 card and Vista, you're good.

Correct?

well 10.1 cards will be more powerful in games, might even max out crysis at high resolutions.. hopefully

hold up b1gapl, i thought to support for DX10.1, we needed to get newer graphics cards like the upcoming 9800?

so u saying that its FINE to get an 8800 GTX n STILL support DX10.1??

P.S nice avatar n redone sig :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom