slow raptor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
it may just be me but my 74gb raptor feels really slow lately, IÂ’ve done numerous virus and spyware scans, along with scandisks and defrag yet no luck, any suggestions, or a programme I can use to test its performance, im sure somethingÂ’s wrong

You might want to check to see how many programs are running in startup. Generaly, you only want to have your Anitvirus running in startup. Go to Run>msconfig and hit the startup tab and uncheck everything but you antivirus software. Reboot and see what happens.

yea all i have on start up is msn and avast, i have about 5 things in the processoprs tab in the task mananger, but there all tiny, like the printer spooler

When did you last install Windows? If you can spare the space, get Partition Magic, make an extra partition from the one you have, and install Windows on that drive. IF you can tell a difference right away I would reformat and reinstall windows on the entire drive. That's just what windows does after a while.

You can use Everest Home Edition to check the condition. I would format the drive like AnthraX said.

Yea, PC wizard works about the same as Everest, but I would also run some bench tests with PC Wiz on it to see what kind of rates you are looking at corresponding to normal Raptor rates. And if none of this helps...reformat...

::-Chase-::

ok, i used pc wiard, ran a benchmark and got this:

untitled-2.jpg

I was comparing your bench to some others I googled up online an it does seem that your Raptor is to a certain degree slower than some others that I have been looking at. If you have tried everything you can, I would RMA it. You may have just gotten a faulty one, which happens with every electronic device to someone, so don't worry, just RMA and you should be fine.

::-Chase-::

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom