SLOOOWWWW!! Build i7 950 6GB DRAM3 1600 Gforce GTX 275

Status
Not open for further replies.

MenschX

Baseband Member
Hi, my name is Gab. Yesterday I finished my first computer. I thought I build a mean old machine, but when I benchmarked it it.... how should I put it...sucked????

really, really slow.... what can I do to make this faster?
I am pretty new to this, so I am still learning...but I know there got to be something to make this faster. [besides overclocking???]

I have superfast memory, a pretty good processor... video card isn't too bad either. I mean crap... HELPPPPP!!!

Thanks.

I can't really read anything in those pics small and blurry even when I click on them. Run 3DMark06 or Vantage and post your scores please.

Yeah post better pictures. They are too blurry and from what I can make out it doesn't look slow at all. I'm guessing those other results are results of someone else's build after some heavy duty overclocking. Besides, you aren't too far behind them, except for except disk speed. (which obviously has nothing to do with RAM or CPU, Just simply your harddrive speed.)

In the real world all those really cool numbers mean absolutely nothing. Having 2000mhz DDR3 memory compared to 1333mhz DDR3 means most things will start up 0.5 seconds faster! You might get 0.1 fps more in a game.. is it really worth it? For most people it isn't.

The only time that it makes any difference is when you are doing server work, like having a database or something. That is one of the few instances where things like Ram speed and Hard disk speed actually matter.

Just enjoy having one of the fastest processors in the world while you can and stop worrying about that one frame-per-second that you COULD be getting..

:)

I just saw that. forgot that photobucket resizes the images. I am downloading 3DMark right now...
the issues I have is that I feel it's slow... that's why I ran the benchmark in first place.
I'll post the results as soon as I have them.

Thanks guys!

Also, post a CPU-Z, GPU-Z and a HWMonitor Screenie. And make a couple Super-Pi runs while your at it :D

Quick question, but after spending all that money on top end chip/memory/board, i bet you're still using an old hard drive for your applications. Am i right? The biggest bottleneck in an i7 system right now is the hard drive. Look into getting an OCZ vertex or Intel SSD.

nope I bought new drives, but not SSD. western digital caviar sata II drives. which they are 1TB each, so I know they are slower...but I need the space.

it just really seems slow. applications take forever to load...etc.

had to purchase the vantage software. still running the tests...

ok...here my results:

ORB - Compare

or this one:
ORB - Result Analyzer

is the url you need?

I did notice that they are using my esata drive. that's not really my main drive.
I may run this test again without the drive attached. not sure.

ummm my rig gets more than double your 3d marks..and all my parts are lower than your's :\

drivers up to date?
OS updated?
everything connected properly?
bios stuf set right?

EDIT: I did notice that on both links it says your video card is clocking in at 0mhz..but on the other card it lists them at 18 and 9 mhz....which is odd too :\ so I don't know if this has anything to do with the low score

I updated everything down to the BIOS.
checked the connections. I guess it won't hurt to check again.

I don't know what the heck is going on. Like I said, I wouldn't worry if it would not feel so **** slow.
I had a slower computer, and it felt faster then this one.

HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom