SLI'ing 2 GTX 295's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
Hi!

I plan on adding a second GTX 295 to my system. I already have one, and I like it.

This is the one that I purchased...
Newegg.com - EVGA 017-P3-1295-AR CO-OP Edition GeForce GTX 295 1792MB 896 (448 x 2)-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Now, from what I know, to successfully SLI two graphics cards, you need exact replicas. I purchased the first one a few months ago, and now New Egg does not carry that exact model.

So, I'm asking what I should do since they don't sell it? Should I go to the EVGA website and look for a retailer?

Thanks..!

EDIT: If I could, I wouldn't mind adding a the CO OP F T W Edition in SLI if that was possible. If it's not, then that does not matter.

The only differences between the CO OP and CO OP FTW is..

576 MHz GPU for CO OP
684 MHz GPU for CO OP F T W

Can you link to the model your looking at buying?
I trust you play @ 1920x1200 or higher resolution and have the cpu and PSU horsepower right?

1 gtx295 should be good enough for now. I would wait for the gtx300's then decide between that or 5870 /5970 instead of dropping a ton of money on a second dx10 card.

You should be able to get a pretty decent price for your gtx295 when that time comes.

my 2 cents.

You can run (2) GTX 295 together and they Do Not Need to be the Same Speed. Nor do they need to be from the same Manufacturer. Both cards will Default to the slowest speed between them, but you can use a Utility like EVGA Precision to set them at any speed you like :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom