Is SLI worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyggr181

Solid State Member
I was looking forward to building my new computer and was thinking about what to get. I was thinking about getting an SLI m/b and going with the dual videocards eventually. Just to start with one card. But looking at some of these threads it shows that so far SLI doesn't really show much advantages if any. Should I save money and get a single nice vid card or wait and go for the dual, maybe it would be better down the road. What are you guys thoughts.
Thanks
Mike

SLI has greatly improved. I oredered 2 7900gt's because they perform better than a single x1900xtx and cost only a little more. SLI is maturing as a technology and with driver updates to the 7900 series it should perform even better in the future.

If I was building my comp right now I would get SLI 7900 gt's. Seriously SLI is really good now. SLI 7900 gt's will eat up any game you throw at it and for $600 you can't beat it.

Personally, I think "if" the PPU ever takes a hold on the gaming community and becomes available and has software support, that will be destroy any multi_gpu configuration.

CPU - Calculations
GPU - Render & Display
PPU - Motion & Interaction

That's where it's at... I"m really hoping ageia will pull this off.

The PPU won't come out for a while and even when it does its coming out with a PCI version which doesnt give it enough bandwith to seriously increase performace. Maybe a PPU will be better a few years in the future but for now I believe SLI will own any PPU set up. Plus dx10 is coming with that crytek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom