SLI a waste of $?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TheOtis said:
haha ya i saw that a couple weeks ago. Its insane. I would never do it though. Didnt it say something about something being slower? I mean 4 video cards for one game, come on. No game for a very long time would ever be able to NEED 4 7800GTXs. Or even GT's.

Yeah, it would put so much strain on your CPU. Im wondering if they will ever be able to add SLI bridges to all of them? Just imagine how much heat that it would produce.

Nubius said:
That going to be a seperate card in a PCI-E 1x slot or what, or is there even any info on them yet.

A PIECE FROM A gamespot.com article:

"Since Ageia is a fabless semiconductor company, it will not produce its own chips or sell its own add-in boards. TSMC, a major Ageia investor, will manufacture the PPU chips, and third-party board partners will sell PPU cards. Cards will be compatible with PCI Express x1/x4 and normal PCI."

lol well i guess thats the future of graphics cards...lol would you guys say its a waste to go SLI with the new physics engines coming out, or does that have its own place on the MOBO?

I'm not going to say if "SLI or CROSSFIRE" is needed or not. I think that would start an unholy forum war. Which isn't a pretty sight.

Let's just leave it as a matter of opinion shall we?

But, the theroy is that the PPU cards will complete the perfect triangle for gamers.

CPU - Think - Orchestrate
GPU - Render - Display
PPU - Interaction - Motion

Then below that triangle, throw in a high-end soundcard....

By the way... UNREAL2007 is 100% compatible with the PPU. Epic Games has integrated AGEIAÂ’s PhysX SDK into their acclaimed Unreal Engine 3 and next-generation game titles.

This game will make the last generation of videocards cry and beg for mercy. (X8xx series, 6800 series, 6600 series ETC )

Well untill more games come that support the PPU I will just wait for the price to drop down. So far I hear that they will retail for 250-300 bucks at launch.

Ill probably buy one a little after theyre out. Just to make sure they dont come out and for some reason arent as cracked up as theyre suppose to be.

wonder how much this freakin PPU will wind up costing.

and by the sounds of it you're going to need to purchase a PPU chip AND the card seperately...sooo basically it'll be like "Oh you only got a PPU GX58 huh? That sucks...I've got the 2x900" and crap like that.

BAH

too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ just for good graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom