Sli Question for my 8600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

damger

Baseband Member
i am looking for another card to sli them. i have the 256 mb one atm, will the 512 work with it in sli, or do i ahve to find another 256 mb one..

thanks ^_^

Damger

You will have to get a 256mb one but you need an SLI board to get SLI capabilities, but 8600gt SLI is NOT worth it as it performs horribly in SLI... my recommendation is to sell the one you already have and get something better

Thats if he even has a SLI Motherboard

but you could get one 9600gt, and that will pwn 8600gt's SLI mode

sell the 8600GT you have for like 50 bucks or something and spend another 70 and buy an 8800GS. The single 8800GS will whoop on SLI 8600GT's. Not only that if you have a single 8600gt i doubt your system is SLI ready.

yea it is i got an 800w psu sli rdy, nforce 680i lt sli mobo and 2 gigs, and 2.4ghz c2d.
but yea i might sell the one i have and spend a bit more. i got bout $150 not counting this card any ideas???

yea it is i got an 800w psu sli rdy, nforce 680i lt sli mobo and 2 gigs, and 2.4ghz c2d.
but yea i might sell the one i have and spend a bit more. i got bout $150 not counting this card any ideas???

let me guess it was a pre-built wasn't it...I can tell just tell by everything in the specs not matching right.

What kind of PSU is it and also is your cpu overclocked by chance?

First off, it was my first build and i did pick the parts..

if i sold the 8600 that would be fine.. only thing is im on the west coast of canada so no newegg.. ( it's just a stupid staples psu but it says sli rdy ;) )
no the cpu is stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom