SLI question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaviston

Solid State Member
I'm sure this has been asked before but....

With any SLI compatible mother board, with 2 PCI Express 2.0 X 16 slots, do the Nvidia video cards with 2 processors like the new GTX 295, could you still SLI 2 of those cards, even though they say a single card is in SLI with the 2 chips on a single card?

Also same question with Crossfire and the 4870X2 cards.

LOL, I'm not planning on buying 2 GTX 295s... (wallet says ouch) just kinda curious.

That's what Quad-SLI is for. Yes, you can Crossfire two 4870X2s also. I think it's also called Quad Crossfire, unless theres another name for that.

yes you can.

GeForce_GTX_295_med_quad_sli.png

imgp3347ty8.jpg

Hefemeister, is that a photo of your case? And, if so, have you had any issues with the X-FI Titanium conflicting with the nForce chipset?

nope. just random pics I found to show indeed it can be done. A little better than just a "sure you can" statement.

Therefore I can say I have had no issues with the x-fi titanium conflicting with the nforce chipset for I have never used it.

First question. Do you own a 30" monitor? If the answer is no, DO NOT buy 2 295s. You should first invest in a giant monitor that can actually use all that horsepower.
2nd. If you do own a 30" monitor, 3 285s actually scale better in SLI than 2 295s.

Quad-sli is poop. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt. TRI-SLI is ever so lovely though.

Have you not seen current quad sli results??

They hold the world 3dmark06 record.

Whats your point. they still lose to tri-sli at 25x16 resolution. 3dmark06 is crap. Its the worst game ever made.

do you actually think i bought 3 285s without doing the research to compare 2 295s and 3 285s?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom