To SLI or Not SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Indobos

In Runtime
Would you do it and what board? Specs are below might get another vid card. So would you do it? I know I need a better PSU. Comments Suggestions please.

You're already good as it is. And that should last you a year at least. Save up, it's not necessary. Unless you went and got a 24" monitor or something.

*edit*
I see you're after Grievearz steal of a deal. In that case, go for it, because at $190, it's hard to pass up. You just have to sell the board. And if you're looking for an SLI board that's not expensive, I hear the popular choice, is the EVGA 750i FTW.

I didn't even know the 750i FTW editions were out, or coming out for that matter.

And two 8800GTS G92's are going to perform really, really, really well together. Competes with the 9800GX2 quite well.

However, since you're going to need an SLI board, that's going to cost a considerable amount of money.

You might want to be sure that time and money is going to be worth it in the end.

Yep that is the deal I am thinking about. I can keep this board and upgrade my wife since I have my recently old e6420 proc just laying around. So I can upgrade my system and give her my old parts. That way I can go modular with my PSU too. What Modular PS would you recommend considering the configuration with the 750i?

So I will only be comparable to a single 9800GX2? Since I haven't had the EVGA (g92) that long is it better to just do a step up? Oh yeah I am also running a 24" Acer monitor with this setup. Need to add to my sig.

I heard that the 9800GX2 was basically two 8800GTS G92s put together.

When you add the Acer 24" to your sig, make sure you use size 1 font for the sig, because you're already over the 8 line limit for normal font size.

Your Bustin my Balls!. LOl Will redo the sig. BAh confused. Think the PS I have will support the GX2?

I think it has enough amps to support one GX2. Unless you want to be sure, and get the 520HX.

Yea since I have to build the other pc for my wife. Future proof Modular PS recommendation in case I need to sli sometime? and or GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom