sli mobo with 45nm support

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
ok so i am getting a new mobo first then later on when i get the cash i will buy a 45nm cpu. so my question is what sli mobo's support the 45nm intel cpu's. i know the 780i and 790 series to but what about a 680i or a 680i LT. and if my current piece of crap mobo were to die today then does the 650i support the 45nm. and also a good 45nm gaming cpu? would something like Newegg.com - Intel Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops that be good? or should i get the ones with 6mb of L2 cache

looking on newegg i can only find 1 680i mobo Newegg.com - EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards if any body has a 680i i could buy pm me

no... 680i has difficulties supporting 45nm's... i've have read only horrorstories.. and 45nm's don't overclock well on em

the only 45nm's that work are wolfdales.. no quad cores... at all (besides kentsfield)

i would go with a 750ftw

i checked out the EVGA forums because i wanted to run a 45nm on my old 680i A1... and i've read alot more bad than i have good.... you have to update to a new bios.. that doesnt allow good stable overclocks like p40 bios

i've also herd stories of video corruption on the 750i's but what's the diff between the 750i and the FTW? and the 750i's don't do 3 way sli.

why not? just for bragging rights i guess

:rolleyes:

Their are very few occasions that I would consider SLI/Crossfire and because you don't seem to be the kind you dumps $1000 on computer parts every other month. SLi is not a viable option for you.

Just get a motherboard around $100 and call it a day, these other motherboards don't increase your performance and thats all that matters when building a computer. Unless you like paying tons more just to brag.

Sli right now is just a bad idea with the state of the Nvidia chipsets. If I were you I would grab a p45 and if I wanted dual cards that bad then make the switch to ati. Wolfdale and SLI just don't mix well ATM.

I'm selling a 680i A1 board. Its been a great board, it ran my q6600 at 3.6ghz for 6 months and has been stable as high as 4ghz. Asking 125 shipped.

Evga btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom