SLI/Crossfire: The cold hard truth

Which case is the best all around case?

• Cooler Master Centurion 5 case w/ window.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NZXT Trinity case.

• Antec super lanboy

• My case is better

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing to consider, if it hasn't been mentioned already. If you plan on adding a second card to your existing card at a later date, your card may no longer be available if you wait too long. Therefore, that option is kapoot. (currently 6800gs are no longer made)

vaderpro said:
Another thing to consider, (if it hasn't been mentioned already) is your single card may get outdated by the time you are ready to upgrade, therefore that option is kapoot. (currently 6800gs are no longer made)

I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but are you talking about upgrading your configuration by adding another duplicate card, but it might be too late to add another card because they stopped making your first one? This would be a problem with casual, slow upgraders like myself.

alecjahn said:
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but are you talking about upgrading your configuration by adding another duplicate card, but it might be too late to add another card because they stopped making your first one? This would be a problem with casual, slow upgraders like myself.

Yes, thats what I mean...sorry for the bad english...re-worded above.

i wish i woulda new this before i went and got 2 7600gs :( i dont even have my 2nd card hooked up anymore becuse in sli its Crappyer then just 1 card :(

7900GT's were pretty much the fastest thing ever to be scrapped or changed. It was no more than 3 months, and I couldn't find another GT on newegg, because it was all these GS's.

I'd like to see a more up-to-date version, if possible. I'm looking at my new build either having SLI'd 8800GTS' or a single GTX, and i'm thinking the range of performance will be a bit different compared to over-a-year-old stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom