SLI or Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither. Unless you are running a 24" or bigger monitor just get a single 8800GTS 512 or 9800GTX and be done with it.

Heh, before you take this the wrong way, let me explain my answer. I went from a single GTS320, to SLI GT, to SLI GTS512, to quad SLI 9800gx2. Now i'm back to a single 8800GT. Your best bet is just to get a good x38 board, a good quad core, and a good single video card. Its fun to mess around with, but after its all said and done, its way more than is really needed. Right now i have 2 600 dollar video cards sitting on the desk because they are just way more than is needed for any game on the market. And crysis isnt considered a game, its just a tech demo, as its not really any fun.

Hehe I see, well good thing i asked then because thats what I was originally planning on doing from the start :) . I just don't like to not go the extra little bit if its gonna be a big improvement. At the same time though I don't want to spend the extra money unless its needed. Seeing as i am not building my PC around Crysis (mb in the future when more games come out like it).Thanks for the advice.

A single 8800GTS 512mb is more than enough really. SLI and crossfire these days is just so powerful, it's really more for benching and e-peen status. Unless you have a 30'' monitor or something

Funny story....far cry 2 isnt being made by crytek and also wont be using the cryengine, so crysis was pretty much a 1 off mistake. I still say the graphics arent that great and its just shoddy code.

Funny story....far cry 2 isnt being made by crytek and also wont be using the cryengine, so crysis was pretty much a 1 off mistake. I still say the graphics arent that great and its just shoddy code.

far cry 2 is being made by ubisoft actually, and yes it isnt running on the cry engine because of teh fact its ubisoft and not cryteck.

I think Crysis runs pretty good considering its complexity. I mean the ocean, rain, and fire all react to wind. The plants also react to to wind and other forces and can be destroyed. The AI is the best I have seen.

No other game approaches that level of detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom