Status
Not open for further replies.

dye4410

Beta member
i am a little new i wanted to know if this comp would be a good build

-COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 RC-830-SSN2-GP Silver Aluminum ATX Full Tower

(4)-APEVIA CF12SL-UBL 120mm Case Fan

-ASUS Striker Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX

(2)-EVGA 768-P2-N837-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO HDCP Video Card

-Thermaltake Toughpower 850W W0131RU

-Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6700 Kentsfield 2.66GHz LGA 775

(2)-CORSAIR Dominator 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2

(2)-Western Digital Raptor X WD1500AHFD 150GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive

-PLANAR PX212M Black 21.3" 8ms (GTG) with RapidVideo accelerator, 16ms (on/off) DVI LCD Monitor

- SAMSUNG 18X DVD±R DVD Burner With 12X DVD-RAM Write, LightScribe Technology Black

For the most part its a solid build.

Although 850w's even for a SLI is overkill. I'd say 700w's at the most.

Also I would like to see the link to that case as 2 8800GTX give off enough amounts of heat.

basically everything you have is a total overkill

the motherboard is 400 alone and not worth it go with something like an asus p5b deluxe

getting 2 gtx's is also an overkill one will last you a long time and will play any games out there and any to come for a while on max settings

for a cpu get a core 2 e6600, it will last a good while and its pretty cheap

corsair dominator ram is not worth the money just get some cheap gskill ddr2 800 ram

instead of 2 raptors just get one and a regular sata hdd for storage

i agree with the above BUT if he has the cash to splash out then why not? that rig will be amazing, i say if you have the money get everything you listed and it will last you a very long time before you need anything upgraded

You are paying a lot for the sound card on the mobo. I would get a different one (I have the 680i) and get yourself one of the X-fi cards. Definetely make sure the case will fit as the above poster stated. Other than that, it looks kick ***. Similar to what I have and my rig is a monster..... just wish dx10 games would arrive. I'm not sure you would need the 2nd gtx with that monitor. I have them so I can play at extreme resolutions on a 30" screen. You might be wasting power by having two with that monitor. Dell just came out with a 24 and a 27" you might want to check out. You'll get tons of input on monitors from people here so make sure to check out all the models they mention.

dye4410 said:

wow thats alot of great componants :cool:

All id like to comment on is the HDD, i myself prefer Seagate than WD, and also ALOT of people i know say they would have a Seatgate over WD anyday.
Ive got the Seagate Barracuder 300gig, and its really quiet and runs cool, great HDD ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom