sli 8800gts or gtx280 or ???

what gpu choice do i make

• sli 8800gts g92 sell or trade 19 inch get 24 inch lcd

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • keep my duel monitors buy gtx280 sell 8800gts g92.

• sli gtx260 sell g92 sell or trade 19 inch's for one 24inch.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is ATI not an option? Must you make a decision before their cards come out? I just don't see why you are completely writing them off when they could very well be the better and CHEAPER cards to go for. I don't think that GTX 260 or GTX 280 is a good choice, SLI or not. I think if you really MUST stay Nvidia, then choose SLI 8800GTS.

hes mentioned several times because he has a 750i FTW and he will not get rid of it.
that completely eliminates crossfire, and any advantage ATI had.

Depends when he wants to buy. The 4870x2 may be significantly faster than the GTX280

Exactly my point ^^

Yeah he may not be able to go crossfire unless he switches to a new board, but either way, a nice Intel X38 chipset board and crossfire support would be much better than the 750i in my opinion. Plus you never know when the notorious "video corruption" may or may not strike him.

Basically I am just urging him away from the GTX 260/280 because even the 280 at $650 performs worse than the 9800GX2 at $500 in almost every instance. So if the 4870 is close to the performance of the GTX 280, if not higher, then for $300 that would be the way to go. But if he must stay Nvidia, do what everyone says and just SLI your 8800GTS.

eh i'm not saying it doesnt make sense. He'll i've got a step-up for the gtx280 and now i'm stuck waiting for the 4870x2. ati hasn't shown me anything impressive for quite a while so i'm hoping I get a pleasant surprise out of it. spec. since i'm already running a good x38 ><

just saying he seemed pretty dead set on loving his 750i >.>

4870'x2' at 300$?
****.. lol 200$ is a lot of money. at thay price i can ebay and get 2 of em with almost no loss.

all things aside i agree with them anyway. wait to see what the 4870x2 can do, and if your funding is on a time limit just sli gts.

I'd wait it out. Could see some nice price drops that'll make the GTS sli look attractive. That plus your q6600 and you'll be part of the 20k club

Exactly my point ^^

Yeah he may not be able to go crossfire unless he switches to a new board, but either way, a nice Intel X38 chipset board and crossfire support would be much better than the 750i in my opinion. Plus you never know when the notorious "video corruption" may or may not strike him.

Basically I am just urging him away from the GTX 260/280 because even the 280 at $650 performs worse than the 9800GX2 at $500 in almost every instance. So if the 4870 is close to the performance of the GTX 280, if not higher, then for $300 that would be the way to go. But if he must stay Nvidia, do what everyone says and just SLI your 8800GTS.

i had a maxcimus formula mother board, x38, i had a lower bined chip tho i think as i couldnt post past 425 fsb.

ya well i now have a 750iftw so things are good also askign people what mother board to get i saw the 750iftw was strongly recomended so i purchased it. also a few members herre told me to get it. now its odd there all telling me to get an x38 now that i have a 750iftw. at this point im leanign towards the gtx260 sli, maybe one gtx280.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom