SLI 8800GT vs one GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
^ I've been confused about this.. what about future games at low resolution? Like how do two X1950XTs or two 7950GTs compare to their single counter-parts in the Crysis demo?

so you guys are sayin just stick with 1x8800GT if your going to play on like a 22" 1680 x 1050 resolution monitor? Think itll keep up enough or should Sli be used anyway?

This is actually the only time I'd advocate SLI and this is why.

Before the 8800GT, the only choice was to SLI a couple of 8800GTS's or buy a single GTX/Ultra. The trick there was buying two 8800GTS's were about the equivalent of a GTX/Ultra in price and performance, so it's obviously better to spend the same amount of money for one card and then if you still want to later, you have the ability to still go SLI later with another GTX/Ultra.

But now we have the 8800GT which is half the price of the 8800GTX but almost the same performance (like 10 less fps avg from what I saw). So buying two 8800GT's and putting them in SLI actually gives you better performance for the same price of the single GTX/Ultra. Beforehand you'd pay the same price for the same performance, but now you pay the same price for better performance.

I hope I made this concise. I did my best.

Of course like everyone is saying, this is for higher resolutions. 1680x1050 and higher I'd say would make 8800GT SLI feasible.

Heh ive been reading up on hardforum today and apparently the GT that was on sale at fry's is no longer listed. My order is still processing, so hopefully i wont get screwed. Whats cool though is since they're both evga's i'll be able to step them up IF something better comes out but i dont see that happening. 15 days left on my gts's step up, im going to request a step up to the most expensive GT which is probably the SSC and just ebay it when i get it. This minimizes the losses on my GTS.

Oh ya, finally got my rebate for the GTS yesterday too :)

arent there some new 8800GTS/GTX coming out based on the same die as the 8800gt?
trust me, they aint gonna throw the GTS/GTX into the toilet. those new cards are going to be KILLER. hooray!

There is a revamped GTS coming out, but if there is a GTX coming out its being kept hush hush. I honestly cant see them releasing one this year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom