Skulltrail....??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading previous posts I find that SkullTrial bites the dust against the 780i in gaming..

It seems like you would have to buy two VERY expensive CPU's to get a little more output than just having one CPU....

AND you would also have to have Crossfire AND SLI configured at the same time to get any performance increase out of your GPU setup.

Thats a crazy board ! And atomic stop being such a devoted MS fan use google !

people use whatever they want to...I use MS products. I loves em! hehe
but if everyone used one thing, it's pointless ;) I DOOS what I DOOS...no poop humor intended

Nvidia is the only chipset maker to Natively Support SLI My AW9D-Max board unofficially supports sli with modded drivers.

They even include an sli bridge in the box.

It supports Xeon processors...socket 771.

You can get quad core Xeon socket 771's for as low as 235 a piece.

People seem overly dissapointed about this boards performence.

So I will remind you that this board is not for the home and game user, it is for server and workstations.

Common programs and operating systems for the gamer and normal user such as us on this forum are not programmed to take advantage of multi CPU's.

Here is an excellent website for the Complete in Depth review of SkullTrial:

PC Perspective - Intel Skulltrail Platform Review - Eight Cores, SLI and CrossFire

I say 780i owns it... SkullTrial has alot of awesome features..but it bites the dust.. it is ahead of it's time on this battlefield.

It "owns" it price/performance wise. Having two processors on a motherboard isn't new either. Like someone said before games haven't utilized the multi cpu capability yet. Like SLi it requires programs that utilize it. Right now in gaming it would not do much but for actual server/business computing this thing is a monster.

*example* people rendering movies using 3d animation would only have to wait 2 months instead of 4 for their movie to be completed.

Its not ahead of its time, its just not for what you intend to use it for.

It "owns" it price/performance wise. Having two processors on a motherboard isn't new either. Like someone said before games haven't utilized the multi cpu capability yet. Like SLi it requires programs that utilize it. Right now in gaming it would not do much but for actual server/business computing this thing is a monster.

*example* people rendering movies using 3d animation would only have to wait 2 months instead of 4 for their movie to be completed.

Its not ahead of its time, its just not for what they are marketing it. for

Fixed, Intel tried marketing this as the ultimate gaming platform. It failed. They stopped and now it's just a server/3d render board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom