Skulltrail....??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthTools

Hardware/VB.net/Anti-vir
I have heard of something called "SkullTrail" or something like that. I think it is a special Intel motherboard that allows you to hook up Crossfire AND SLI on a single motherboard or something.. Can anyone tell me what this is exactly what what it does?

sure. skulltrail is the top of the line motherboard, with 4 pcie x 16 slots, and two proc slots. Ie, 4 graphics cards and 2 processors. If i remember right it does allow crossfire and sli.

List of Questions

1.) I wonder if it can handle the same features as the 780i...

2.) I believe it is around $670.00.. 0.0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Expensive!)

3.)
I hear that ONLY NVIDIA motherboards can handle SLI?? is this false and the SkullTrail CAN handle SLI with NVIDIA cards? (Answered)

Skulltrail is currently the only platform to support SLI on chipsets not designed by NVIDIA

4.)
How the bloody living heck can you run two freakin' processors? good God...

5.)
The PCIE x16 slots are "2.0" ? I dont know if "x16" would automatically make it "2.0" (Answered)

x16 is for graphics cards and it replaced agp. Its the slot type. Express 2.0 is a new version of pciex16 and is backwards capable with all cards. But, since pciex16 v1 slots are **** fast, pciex16 2.0 doesent boost performance much at all currently

6.) Is it possible to just run ONE CPU?

7.) Do you have to have the EXACT same processor to run two of them at the same time? - Like NVIDIA SLI?

8.) Can this support 8 CPU cores.. like two Q6600?

9.) How much more of a difference would this MoBo make with an extra CPU and the parts in my sig?

If I get enough feedback on this thing.. I may buy it depending on how awesome it is... if it is at all. If I do get this (when price drops a little of course) I will then be running two CPU's..

I don't know about the power of running 2 CPU's.. but it seems like a 780i would do just as good for gaming as the SkullTrail would with the items listed in my sig.

no. x16 is for graphics cards and it replaced agp. Its the slot type. Express 2.0 is a new version of pciex16 and is backwards capable with all cards. But, since pciex16 v1 slots are **** fast, pciex16 2.0 doesent boost performance much at all currently

its basically meant for extreme systems...it will be needed if anyone buys 2 9900gx2's when they are release for they are not bottlenecked.

I am buying two 9800GX2 cards... and they are realeased...- if that's what you mean.

I want to know alot more about this card.. like the questions I have above in my last post. If it is a whole lot better than the 780i in performance with the setup in my sig I will get it.. "I will not be running anything but TWO 9800GX2 cards.

Newegg.com - Intel BOXD5400XS Dual LGA 771 Skulltrail D5400XS Extended ATX Motherboard - Retail

but many tests have shown a 780i is alot better

Eight-Core Performance for Maximum Gaming Intensity

the only cpu that works on it so far is the qx9775 cuz the motherboard uses a different soccet then normal LGA 775. also have fun buying those cpu's cuz there 1600:

Newegg.com - Intel Core2 Extreme QX9775 Yorkfield 3.2GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 771 150W Quad-Core Processor - Retail

also the motherboard imo wouldnt be good at all cuz its using a serverchipset... just dont get it

I can almost sware I saw that someone was using two Q6600 CPU's on the SkullTrial board...

I will post the link later today but I am at school now...

and.. I don't think that skulltrial will beat a 780i with my setup. "Project-X"

I have heard that the 780i beats skulltrial in gaming performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom