Skt 939 AMD 4000+ (Why so Good)

Status
Not open for further replies.

24/7 Gamer

In Runtime
Looking through the Tom's Hardware ultimate CPU Chart earlier, I noticed that the 64bit 4000+ San Diego CPU was at the very top of the chart most of the time next to the FX55 and FX57. All other AMD CPU's including the X2 4200+ to 4800+ were below it.

How come this processor is so good and can even beat the X2 Processors?? Is it because applications and games haven't fully utilised this technology yet or they are simply the better CPU?

The tests where it beat the X2's are as follows:

Open GL
Direct X 8
Direct X 9
Audio Converting
Winrar Compression

Theres more but it will take too long to write :p So here is the link to page 1 of 51 pages :amazed:

http://www.tomshardware.com/2005/11/21/the_mother_of_all_cpu_charts_2005/

The main reason for the scores is that a lot of programs can't efficiently use the second core.More multi threaded programs are in the works but it takes time.

Its San Diego core, the performance should be pretty close to the newer Fx-55 and the FX-57, but once programs utilize the second core, then the dual-core will smoke these CPUs.

all those benchmarks are single threaded just think that you have two friends but only one helps thats why the dual cores score low on the benches

apokalipse said:
because Tom's hardware isn't a very good guide to hardware.

get some multi-threaded programs, and the X2's will dominate over the 4000+

what is a good, reliable hardware guide? I have not found one I trust yet since they are usually tipped to be "good" critics.

Graham said:
what is a good, reliable hardware guide? I have not found one I trust yet since they are usually tipped to be "good" critics.
There is a pretty good one, I think it's xbitlabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom