Simple question, please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ormazd

Baseband Member
So I've been looking around on building a new computer, but at the end it totals me about 700$+. I was wondering if you guys can help me decide if it is really necessary to build a new computer.

This is my current
Gateway Support - Specifications

Is it possible to just buy a new Power-Supply and install a 5770 for it to run World of Warcraft and Starcraft decently instead of spending 700 to build a new computer.

Should be no issue at all.

The board has a pci-e x16 slot, and is a regular form factor, aka normal case.

Its sad youre 50W under the 5770s psu needs.

You should esily get away with a 450W pso, or even a 400W one and your choice of 5770.

Best psu for your needs! Newegg.com - CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 CMPSU-430CX 430W ATX12V Active PFC Power Supply $35.00 after rebates. ATI states 450W but a brand like Corsair, 430 is quite adaquate. You could go with the cx500 at 50 if want a bit extra.

WOW 109.99 AFTER REBATE Newegg.com - HIS H577FK1GD Radeon HD 5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity
Just ensure you have clearence below the pci-e slot.

Thanks for the reply! I was also wondering that by doing those 2 things will it run World of Warcraft and Starcraft good? I get 8 FPS when the **** hits the fan in WoW. I keep hearing my CPU is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom