simple question about ATi X1900xt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoad

Daemon Poster
Well, its a pretty simple question,

Is it worth for me to buy an Asustek EA X1900XT ATi card for 370$ but have no warranty AT ALL or buy it for 520$ but have a two years warranty on it?... its a 150$ diffrence, and if theres not much femiliar problems right out of the box with it i'd rather not spend them.

I Mean, if I were buying a 7900GT KO I would DEFINANTLY pay those extra 150$ for the warranty, cus those are known to have bad factory voltage mods and OCs that cause them to crap out right of the box, but does the X1900XT has a femiliar DOA problem too? I know ATi forbids 3'rd party factories to OC their cards or volt mod them

BTW This card is going to be watercooled by a pretty high flow w/c kit [d5 Laing swiftech pump, 1200liters/hour with 11ft head pressure, on a Maze4 gpu block and 1/2" tubes.] and will probably oced but not gonna check its limits of OCing frankly.

If theres any X1900XT owner here i'd like to hear your personal experience.

Thanks,

-Jo.

Where u gettin the XT from? Newegg has them cheap now cuz ATI will be comin out with a X1950XTX which is a X1900XT with GDDR4 memory at 3.2GHz (no not dual GPU like 7950). And correct me if i'm wrong, but if you OC doesnt taht void the warrenty? if it does then if your goin to OC, why pay for a warranty that will be void.

I have an XT with a Zalman VF900 on it and it runs pretty cool. U can probably get a good OC out of ur card when its watercooled.

Might i recommend a HIS Hightech or Sapphire branded X1900XT instead. I have the HIS Hightech one and its awsome, even came with a free game and alot of bonuses. I suppose the brand doesnt really change card performance but HIS and Sapphire are well known ATI brands. But go with w.e card u like.

And if you decide to pay $520 for a warrenty, why not just get a X1900XTX and watercool it, you could get a better OC with it since its got higher speeds. Just a thought.

hey man, I own one right now. No problems with it really but I did buy it brand new. The card is faaasssttt and give you great graphics in all your games. If I were actually holding $370 in my hand and new I could get another one of these for that I would take it. Is this an ebay deal or something? If it is than you will want to be sure of the sellers reputation, etc..

na he's in israel.. so they probably don't have the best variety/quantity of products there...

i hear hizbollah honours their warranties pretty well.. look into buying it from them.. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom