Shuttle XPC SN27P2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpannerMagnet

Baseband Member
Shuttle XPC SN27P2 Mini Barebone AM2 DDR2 + PCI-E Slot USB2/1394a SATA2 Raid GbE Lan

437672-A.jpg

I am a newbie when it comes to Barebone systems, so I have a few questions:
1 - This already has a motherboard in it?
2 - All it needs is a CPU, RAM, HDD, DVD/CD and GPU etc?
3 - I was wondering if anyone knew of any bigger PSU's than the 400w that comes with this.

Thanks .smith

1) Yes.

2) Yep, just like any other computer, just smaller.[I think it comes with CPU though, check if specified]

3) Usualy the shuttle PSUs are sufficient even if they are low Wattage, those are made to be the highest quality.

-Jo.

Well, being that the case is so small, there really isn't any room for all the componants that would use more than 400w, to 400w is the most you'll ever need for a small form factor computer.

It depends on the barebones, some come with componants others don't, you'll have to look at the specs to see what it comes with. They all come with motherboards though, so here:

1. Yes.
2. Yes.
3. No, they are unnecessary.

Actually I just looked at it, it's a bit expensive for just a case, psu and motherboard. It might come with ram or something, that would make the pricing seem normal.

Wouldn't I need a larger PSU for a nVidia GeForce 7800GT(256MB), 2GB DDR2 667MHz and a AMD AM2 Athlon 64 3800+ or 4200+ ??

.smith

No, 400w will be fine as long as you dont have 8 harddrives.

I have all this running off a 450w power supply:

X2 3800+
2048mb RAM
7900GT KO Superclocked
6 harddrives
2 dvd burners
Audigy 2 ZS Platinum (with the powered front drive bay thing)
Hauupauge WinTV PVR-150
2 case fans

Shuttles *shudder*

IMO they are far to small for a computer and to cramped, but they do save space.

I'm on a tight budget and want to upgrade and I though a Shuttle would do nicely.
Prove me wrong, you guys are the Pros ;)
Have any ideas?

I think small is the idea.

And what's your budget? We'll see if you can get something better and still fit your budget. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom