Shouldnt i be getting better temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok everyone has seen my watercooling setup. Shouldnt i be getting better temps on my video cards? I have excellent flow and a 320mm radiator with the video cards on their own loop, and i'm still getting around 55C idle and 75C load temps. Was i expecting too much? I do know that the cards SEEM much cooler to the touch compared to the cooker cage they came with, but i was hoping for much lower temps.

did you clean out your radiators and water blocks? also i noticed you didnt add any additives to your loop, that may help not sure tho.those temps do seem high for a water cooled gpu, alltho there are 2 of them.

The idle and load delta is pretty close so they only heat up a small bit. But its also 80F in my apt. As for additives i only used biocide. I want the system as nonconductive as possible.

And no i didnt clean anything out, but just judging from my reservoirs the water is still crystal clear and theres no particles.

distilled water is the best way to go.. only add bioside to prevent algae

another question... how enclosed is your case.. give me picks... internal radiator setups suck... not enough air flow

3 120mm fans in the front pushing air through the first radiator (video cards) then in the rear there is 3 more 120mm fans pulling air and blowing those through the CPU radiator which then leaves the case. I also have 2 120mm fans pulling air into the case blowing over the motherboard and video cards with a 120mm fan right behind the cpu and a 140mm fan in the power supply both venting air out of the case. The whole system is running negative pressure.

full pictures here. You must have missed this thread
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/leak-testing-has-commenced-179653/

no way i missed it.. i posted in it :p

and anywho... what are you cpu temps...

i would definitely expect better .... but again, find some people that have 2 4870's in a single loop and see how they're doing

cpu temps are great, i never go over 50-51 degrees. Would it be worth draining the system and running some vinegar through it then refilling it? I almost wonder if the temp sensors are just wrong.

On the cooker cages they were HOT, with the water they are basically cool to the touch. This is why i wonder if the temp sensers are wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom