Should I upgrade my processor now? Or wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
Wanting to get a [snippet] quad core and some more ram. Is not a good time to upgrade, or do I wait? Is there something else on the horizon?

theres always gonna be sumthin on the horizon otherwise, your paying alot for sumthing thats gonna drop soon after, its best not to worry bout when you upgrading unless your sure its within a month or so.

we are close to new cpus (bloomfield) and the will have the intergated memory controller like all the amd's do. so there is going to be a drop soon, how soon im not sure. all i no is they are expected for q3-4 this year.

Wanting to get a badass quad core and some more ram. Is not a good time to upgrade, or do I wait? Is there something else on the horizon?

The 2.66GHz Bloomfield will be around $285. Thats nice price in my opinion, but the problem is that you will have to buy the X58 motherboard to use it.

If you have the money for X58 then wait for Bloomfield. If not then upgrade to Q6600 or Q6700. I believe Q6600 will last you for at least 1 or 2 years

Do you think if I upgrade to the Q6700 Quad Processor and Ram, that I will see a dramatic difference in Flight Simulator X Performance?

Its quite CPU intensive at every resolution, however I don't know if it can read Quad-Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom