Should I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You posted the same review again and again and again (and another two more times)

Have you looked at the Nextgen GPU thread? I really want to know

The 4850 is better, take the advice of 100's of members on here when we say that.

Also Crysis is more a poorly designed benchmark than a game. (ignoring the whole gameplay) When it was made the developers thought that hardware would be a lot more advanced than it is, so they made a very demanding game.

9800GX2's perform the best in Crysis, are they the best cards? No.

lol Same review all on different games. all those different games the 9800GTX+ did better.

Look dude, you came here for advice. We gave it to you. Take it or leave it. But don't act like we are complete idiots. I already told you those results were old and based off the release drivers. It's your money, waste it however you want.

I asked for advice on whether I should build a brand new computer or keep what I got and do minor upgrades. I did not ask for video card preference and I stated I was sticking with nvidia. I would like advice on what this post was about, not my personal preference.

To answer your question, YES UPGRADE. 4850>9800gtx+

Either way your new cardd is going to be better than your 8600.

Yeah, am definitely going to upgrade the video card for SC2 and crysis, UT3 etc etc. but I was wondering if I should just do an entire system upgrade to futureproof my system more. At the time of build for this machine, I was highly uneducated and didn't look to see what was coming out in the near future

It wouldn't hurt. You can grab a Q6600 and a p35 for pretty cheap. That would give you a good boost but I would hardly call it future proof. Nehalem is coming out soon so I wouldn't make a major upgrade until it comes out. Even if you don't buy Nehalem the old 775 stuff will be at close out prices.

Nehalem is out of my price range unfortunately. So I'd probably more likely to buy an intel quad core. Do you think I need a full tower, right now I have a mid, and with my aftermarket cpu cooler it is cramped, I can't imagine trying to fit these new gpus in there now. so for a q6600 and a p35, about about would that run?

There are some lower priced Nehalem's coming too you know. They're going to be like the Allendale's when Conroe was brand new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom