Should I overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lalala123

Baseband Member
I know that by over clocking i can have a faster cpu then i paid for, but i also know that over clocking will also shorten the life span of the cpu it self.

i am a everyday pc user and will not be looking at upgrading the build anytime soon.

Is over clocking just for those who upgrades every other 2,4,6 month or is it ok for everyday pc users like my self who will most likely upgrade after like 4 or 5 years.

A cpu over clocked over 15 to 20% of of its original clock speed will last for how long? i know there is no answer to that question since it varies but are we looking at years or month?

when over clocking, is it just the cpu thats affected and or are there are thing like the RAM and the video card or the entire mobo?

anyway should i over clocking if i plan on useing the pc for 5 years?

thanks

well everything is all different, even overclock it should last over a couple of years.

When your overclocking, you can overclock the CPU, you increase the FSB which increases and ram and videocard speed. Videocard you can overclock by itself with programs.

However not just the life span shortens, the realabilty also. After a year or so your CPU might crash more often and even at 3ghz it will be sluggish like at the speed at like 2.5ghz. Your gonna want to oc even more if your CPU can take it.

Don't worry about the lifespan of the CPU. Just worry about keeping the CPU and the rest of the components, nice and cool. I think the CPU has a lifespan of about 8-10 years. By then, you would have a new computer. And overclocking just shaves off, a couple of years. Also overclocking does affect the rest of the components.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom