Should I grab an i7 920?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get a new i7 920 for $200 plus tax at a local store. I will be building a new rig in a few months , possibly with the i7. Do you guys think I should wait to see what is around the corner as far as new processors , or is the i7 920 as good as it's gonna get for a reasonably priced build?

I'm not sure when the 930 is coming... and even if it does get released soon, I doubt its going to be much better than the 920 is.

Q1 2010. basically a 920 with a x21 multi from what I can see. Unless they shock us and it is 32nm ;) (no way that is happening).

D0's are known good clockers. Will they hamper the 930 at all with gulftown on the horizon? who knows.

Well , I almost waited too long...they had 2 left , i swooped in , and now I own an i7 920!!

Thanks for the advice. I suppose I could always sell it for a small profit...naw , prolly not. I can't wait to build my beast now!! :thumbsup:

Oh , yeah , it's a d0 stepping model!

the multi for the 920 is x20 of course many boards can enable it for x21 and I would assume you could enable x22 on the 930. On air I would assume they should clock similarly due to heat. Under cooler temps if the 930 is as good as a d0 920 with the extra multi you should be able to grab an extra 220mhz or whatever your bclk is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom