Should I get a Bose Companion 5 or 3 Speakers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinoy3000

Daemon Poster
Hey guys, I have the Spherex 5.1 Surround Sound System hooked up to my PC and it sounds amazing. However, because the product is now discontinued, I am afraid that I will not get the costumer support when I need it.

I do have a Two Year Replacement plan for the Speakers at CompUSA and I believe that I can replace this to possibly a Bose Companion 3 Speakers at no extra cost (if I'm lucky) or a Logitech Z5300 Speaker (which I think is not better than what I already have).

So, I guess my question is....

If I am able to get the replacement plan and get the Bose Companion 3 Speakers at no extra cost, should I do it?

Like I said, this Spherex Speakers sounds really great and the only problems I have so far is that the remote control becomes unresponsive at times. This usually happens when you have the speakers turned on for a long time and not in use. And when you turn it back on, sometimes it won't turn ON. So I have to unplug it or turn it OFF using the switch on the back of the subwoofer. Also, the fact that this speaker system is very reliant on the remote control as it is the only way to control it. If I loose the remote, I basically cannot use the product anymore.

As far as sound goes, I have listened to the Bose Speakers when I was still working at CompUSA and they sound great considering they only have two speakers.

Speaking of the number of speakers, I am in college and really have no room for a 5 speaker setup. So I think it would also help if I get this system replaced with the Bose as it sound basically just the same but with 3 less speakers. This will give me a lot of room to work in my desk.

So what do you guys think? I love the fact that the Spherex Speakers have 2 Optical and 1 Coaxial Input as well as an Auxiliary Input (Red & White) Inputs. So that gave me a lot of options to what devices I can use with it. However, I do not have an XBOX 360 nor do I plug in a DVD Player on this because its plugged in to my computer speaker via Coaxial and its where I watch my movies.

What do you guys think? Stick with the Spherex 5.1 Speakers or replace it with a Bose Companion 3 speakers at no extra cost? The only thing I'll probably have to pay for is the new replacement plan for the Bose speakers.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom