Should I get it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baseband Member
Im looking at getting a Dell Latitude laptop. Here are the specs I have chosen, it come to $2000. Do I or don't I get it?
yoe66557.jpg

Wow, the Macbook Pro would so kick that thing's butt!
[/fanboy]

But seriously, you could seriously do so much better with the Macbook Pro. Better graphics, better OS, MUCH, MUCH better dual core proc. You're taking a bit of a RAM hit, but OS X will run fine with 512MB.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...2v0aN9lu/0.PSLID?mco=7ADAF62A&nclm=MacBookPro

EDIT: Oh, also moving to High End PCs. $2000 is a little more than what you'd consider "general".

for that amount of money, why don't you get a desktop?? 2000 could get you a very nice computer. However, if you want to stick with a laptop and dell, consider their XPS line instead

I would't spend that much on a laptop. Contrary to what some people think, laptops just don't equal the same performance that a desktop will give you. I'd spend only half that price on a HP or Compaq.

What is your main reason for purchasing this laptops? Or laptops in general. If your hoping to play new games on it, Forget it! $2000 in a custom built Desktop will be very very nice.

But if you need it for portability and school etc. then dont buy it, grab a cheaper one that fits the tasks.

I was going to build a desktop with that money, but then my laptop died on me (it was a P2 with 65MB RAM), and I need a laptop for various reasons. Whilst $2000 may be a lot for a computer in America, In South Africa (where I live), that is the price of basic laptops. The price that this laptop would be in general retail in SA is about R18000-R19000 ($2800 - $3000). I have a once in a life time oppertunity.

PS, macdude: Whilst the price may be a bit high, it is still a general PC. Also, I have various reasons for wanting to stay with windows, its a nice idea to get a mac, but as I said, I think ill stick with windows.

Thank you for all the replys. Anymore feedback is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom