Re: Should I do the i7 Build?? Need true advice
quick question. If I was to switch over to the Intel motherboard, would I need to format my Hard Drive? I grew up learning that if you were switching Mobos, you need to format the hard drive and start fresh, but dear lord I have so much software installed on it, I really don't want to do that if I don't need to.
Is it possible, and if so, what steps do I take to make it function properly with a different mobo?
3DMark FireStrike Ultra: 4,266
3DMark FireStrike: 12,043
- Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked 3.2Ghz - Megahalem Cooler
- eVGA E758-A1 X58 Intel LGA 1366 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
- MSI Armor OC 8GB GeForce® GTX 1070
- eVGA 650W G2 Modular Power Supply
- Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
- Corsair Force LE 250GB SSD
- OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD