Should I cancel my 6800GT order and....

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
Dump your mobo, pick up an Ultra-D, a 3000/3200+ Venice and a PCIe 6800GT. Never look back. You can always sell your old parts on eBay. You could also sell your X800 pro on eBay.

I don't want an entire new system right now. Thats my whole dillema.

beedubaya said:
I don't want an entire new system right now. Thats my whole dillema.
I didn't want to order the dual core opteron when I did, but I didn't want to get another bad overclocker, so I bit the bullet and did it. If you sell all your old parts on ebay including your X800pro, you should be able to get a good ammount of money back, and you would save even more money if you got a 6800GS instead of a GT, there $80 cheaper than the GT, preform just as well as and sometimes better than the GT in all tests, and you can unlock the extra 4 pipes.

003 said:
You would save even more money if you got a 6800GS instead of a GT, there $80 cheaper than the GT, preform just as well as and sometimes better than the GT in all tests, and you can unlock the extra 4 pipes.

You can't unlock those pipelines, I've looked into it....they aren't the same as say an X800 Pro VIVO or an X850 Pro where you can unlock them.

Now would be a terrible time for me to build from scratch. I plan on waiting another year because by then there will be Socket M2, and Unreal Engine 3 which will change the way we look at gaming.

A 6800GT currently will max every game you throw at it even with some AA and AF...and will continue to do so until Unreal Engine 3, which will probably be stuck at lowest settings on almost all of today's cards.

With this said, I have decided I will build new next fall, but for now, Im happy with my current system and a 6800GT. Just as long as I don't have to go back to that crappy X800 Pro.

The only difference with M2 will be DDR2 support (I think), which does not make a huge difference.

The only difference with M2 will be DDR2 support (I think), which does not make a huge difference
Chances are they will improve the memory controller, combined with DDR2 on an optimized memory controller SHOULD = a nice boost in memory bandwidth.

What?!?! I hate u.
is there a reason you're always a smart ass?

Look it up...nf3 chipsets were horribly optimized for 6xxx kid.

Do some research instead of just talking out your ass and making retarded comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom