Should I buy this while it's on sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RalliArt882

Daemon Poster
Hi, currently I'm in need of cooling refinements. I've already made the decision that water cooling is too big of a risk for my lack of expertise in putting them together. I have a NZXT Apollo case that is starting to become less and less attractive to me every day. And, my Zalman 2-ball LED light broke, which ticks me off mildly. Also, my CPU is now 38C at idle/light load. It gets to 60C as soon as prime95 starts, so now I'm too scared to run any stress test though. However, it has never crashed on me, so that's a plus.

So, if I'm going to go through the trouble of re-seating the CPU HS, I think I should buy a new case and new HS. I'm thinking this:

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN2-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Retail

It's at the lowest price I've ever seen. And moving my parts to it and organizing my wiring should be easy with the slide-out mobo tray. So since it's priced so low, should I get it while I can? And what HS should I buy (I'm on a gigabyte ds3 965p with a e6600)? I'll need some new blue LED 120mms to. Probably 5.

Thanks for the recommendations. Peace.

Ok I'm pretty sure I'm going to be ordering that case, from newegg. I've had enough messing with mail-in rebates. I used a mail-in rebate that came with my monitor, and never heard from them again. So what kind of HS should I go with? I'm thinking this:

Newegg.com - ZALMAN CNPS 9700 NT 110mm 2 Ball Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler - Retail

It's like my current once, only it's 110mm, and looks better than mine imo. thirdshiftdj, would I have to take off the side panel fan bracket to fit this? I hope not, because that's why I haven't been looking into higher profile heatsinks. I was thinking that this should fit in the case since the 830 is so big. I want maximum airflow possible.

And I can't decide if I want blue or green case fans. I'd probably go with green. Can someone point me to a good sight that sells good fans with good airflow that are green?

That case scares me. Anyways, you can look at some AeroCool or XCLIO towers for huge airflows. If you're planning to go with that CNPS 9700 NT, might as well buy a Thermalright Ultra-120 along with a LED fan of your choice.

And here are some blue LEDs. I believe these are the most quiet fans out there. 19.3 dB-a.
Cooler Master R4-L2S-122B-GP 120mm Blue LED Silent Fan 2 Pack 39.77CFM 19.3dBA.
Comes in pack of 2's. Isn't that awesome?

Petra's Tech Shop

These would be the best fans to use.

Yate loons are quiet and push a very nice amount of air, and theyre not that expensive and look nice...

EDIT: Those Cooler Master fans dont actually look half bad, kudos on a good find.

plz don't get that Zalman because the TRUE 120 or Tuniq 120 outperforms that 9700 in the same price range..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom