Should I bite on this deal? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2008, 12:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 422
Default Should I bite on this deal?

So I've been looking to upgrade and I found this offer from EVGA: EVGA | EVGA Maximum GeForce PLUS Promotion and have been thinking about this bundle to use for that promotion: 404 Error - Page Not Found

Now my plan is to upgrade my video card and use it on this computer now and then build a completely new system in about three months and stick the GTX 260 and 780i mobo in there. Do you guys think this is a good idea? Or would it be smarter to wait until then to see if the prices drop? Would I even see a huge difference in gaming if I switch out my current video cards for a GTX 260 216 Core now? For the record, I'll be playing in 1920 x 1080 native res.

Specs are in my sig.

Athlon 64 X2 4200+ Manchester @ 2.2GHz ... Biostar TForce4SLI 939 ... 2GB (1GB X 2) XMS Corsair DDR400 ... PNY 9600GSO 768MB ... 2X 7200.2 Seagate Barracuda 160GB ... Cooler Master Centurion 5 ATX ... Antec TruePower Trio 550W ... Windows Vista 32-bit Premium ... Acer H213H 21.5" 1920X1080
JeffK91 is offline  
Old 11-23-2008, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator
Nagasama's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: probably on the lake
Posts: 6,956
Default Re: Should I bite on this deal?

you will notice a substantial improvement with the 260. the 780i is bleh IMO.
"nagasama no longer drinks tecate, or streaks out of the night for anything, and he has a fine wife so he has no use for your girlfriend...she is safe..."
Nagasama is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Good deal, bad deal? Trepkos New Systems | Building and Buying 4 04-11-2008 07:19 PM
Is this Fry's E6550 a very good deal? soarwitheagles System Upgrades 4 02-25-2008 03:17 AM
Good Deal Or What? pobri19 New Systems | Building and Buying 9 02-12-2008 05:59 PM
Cooler Master CM 690 $10 After $30 MIR (Best Deal Ever) krazyq New Systems | Building and Buying 16 12-01-2007 09:01 AM
Case: Bite on a good deal or wait? mrfluffles New Systems | Building and Buying 3 03-27-2007 06:49 PM

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.