Shall i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krustis

Baseband Member
Hey, i was thinking of buying a high spec pc this christmas, i am doing this with the intention of getting vista, and then upgrading to a dx10 card when the lower range ones come out. However, i would like to save my money, could i wait untill my birthday in april, then get a computer with vista and a dx10 card alrady instaled? Is it likely that i could get a gaming pc with these new parts and software already on them? Thanks guys

so wait are you wanting to buy a computer or build?

i would highly suggest building one it will save you ALOT of money

Aside from it being much more expensive, if you buy a prebuilt computer, chances are that it will not come in the config that you'd ideally want.

If you have the patience you can wait, it would definitely give you more option in DX10 cards. That is, if you build your own, because prebuilts in Holland still run on very average video cards (turbocache, yuck!)
I myself would have waited with my recent build if I didn't already have a 7900GT (bought in October).

Although I'm not sure if lower-end 8 series cards will be much better (if at all) than the high-end 7 series cards, when it comes to performance in dx9 games.

Well you can do what I'm doing. Build right now, with great parts everywhere except for vid card, which shouldn't go higher than $200 like mine. If you buy Windows XP MCE now, which is $110, and install it, an upgrade to Windows Vista Ultimate should more than make-up for the $110 you spend. Because if you bought Vista Ultimate and had no previous OS, it would cost probably more than $110 than just upgrading.

Then, ebay your DX9 card, and check out the r600. That's what I'm doing.

You can buy a nice evga video card, they have an upgrade program that lets you update to a newer version of the card and put the old card towards the purchase price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom