Shall I get a new cpu?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you have insane overclocking control with that board.. save some money and over clock buy your gf or wife something nice.. if you dont have some get p*rn... LOL

Oh wow.. anyways. What is so bad with the nTune program? I used it on my dual-core laptop and it squeezed out an extra .3GHz so now my AMD Turion 64 X2 at 1.8GHz runs at 2.07GHz. It also sped up my RAM from 667 to 900-something and just overall sped up my laptop. Hasn't had any stability issues either. Mind you, it is not a gaming laptop by any means as it has the crappy 6150 GO integrated graphics chip.

i agree with ste and heister. stick with the q6600 and just learn how to OC.

i bet you'll be completely unsatisfied with spending an extra $800 (assuming you sell your q6600 for ~$200) and getting the performance jump from q6600 -> q9650. save the money and buy yourself something else, or spend it on your girl.

Too many better alternatives for that amount of cash, just OC that baby and buy something else thats pretty

CPU is the ONLY thing you can upg? Cant add more cooling or get a better gfx card or anything? Monitor? Bigger TV?

(looks up:rolleyes:)

why dont you bank the cash for now and plan you pc

you could get a nice HDTV along with a nice monster of a graphics card to go with the HDTV, or if you insist on getting a cpu the intel Q9550 would be better then spending 4x the amount on the QX extreme chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom