Setting up a second LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmike15

Baseband Member
So i've got two viewsonic LCDs, i've had one set up for a while, the other was supposed to be for my other computer. Turns out my second computer will take a little longer to buy, so I want to get a little use out of it for the time being.

I was thinking of those instances, like when you wish you had a widescreen monitor to run two things side by side, like for example a program on one side, and the help file for it on the other. Right now I'm taking Intro to Visual Basic this semester and I think it could help me a lot, being able to have VB up on my main monitor, and MSDN help library on the left rather then shifting back and forth.

So I just have a question or two about it. 1. with my video card in my sig, I am able to run two monitors at once correct? 2. when running two monitors at once I assume this will effect your performance some what, so when I play games i'd like to be able to disable it, which I also assume theres a way to do that. 3. other then those two things are there any other negative effects or things I should know before trying to set it up?

My main is plugged into the DVI output and I was thinking of plugging in the other into the RGB output of my card. I assume theres no way to have both of them run DVI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom