Setting up Raid 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trancematic

Baseband Member
Need some troubleshooting help with setting up Raid 0.

Asus M2n-SLI Deluxe board, set up the 2 hdds in striping mode. But lost in regards to "JMicron SATAII Controller" currently set to IDE with Disable/Ide/Raid/AHCI options available. Do I need to mess with that? or just leave it in IDE mode, Board has a sata slot for this JMicron SATAII controller. Currently have HDDs in slot 1/2.

Setup the Array with Striping 128k block
When I hit f10 to show raid utiliy, has the following
Boot-Yes
Status-Healthy
Vendor-Nvidia
Array-Stripe 465.77G

Shows both 1st HDD channel 0/index 0 2nd HDD on 1channel/1index. Whats bugging me is the Jmicron boot screen comes up shows no HDD found. so help me out if you can thanks.

If I disable the JMicron sataII controller, works fine bc no screen pops up.
Rem

Well currently with the array setup, and the sata controller disable/ide/raid all still not showing the hdds in bios, thus windows wont let me install.

That board has two RAID controllers - one is Nvidia. You may be using Nvidia. So build the array in that. Don't forget to load the drivers on a floppy and hit F6 at windows install.

The JMicron controller only has two SATA ports while Nvidia has 6.

Correct, I have the Nvidia Array currently setup, just they are not showing up in bios, yet the array shows during boot. Guess from here look for updated bios? and hopefully that will assist with the issue or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom