Server upgrade and installation query??

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiojunkie

Beta member
Hi
I work at a secondary school and we are currently upgrading our server.
The company that are supplying the new hardware and sofware have also quoted 4 days for installation and migration of existining data and users to new server.
Does this seem a bit excessive to anyone I mean 4 days?? It's also at a cost of €550 per day does this also seem excessive?

I would really appreciate any help and opinions here to make sure we're not getting ripped off.
If any more info is needed just let me know!

Thanks!

Depends on how much data/programs/settings then have to migrate that maybe just an estimated time. Working 8 hour days this will probably take 2 to 3 days on a medium to medium large network. I don't know how much money that is but in America I would pay no more then 100 dollars an hour even that is a little steep. But I would go with the vendor directly and have them send someone. When I put in my HP server HP sent sever and the tech together and they did all the work. Just my suggestions I have done this every time and never had any problems.

I had no idea migration of data and users would take that long.
I was under the impression it would take a few hours.

Anyone else have any experience upgrading server and migrating data and the timeframe involved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom